Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm thinking about you...

I'm thinking about you like a baby thinks about her blanket...
Comfort? Mental stability? Warmth? So many theories about why a little baby girl would cry out in the night for a mere blanket. Whatever the reason. This is how I think you. Constantly. In the back of my mind I am always thinking to myself. Where is my blanket? Why isn't my blanket here with me now? I need my blanket to be wrapped around me giving me the reassurance that everything is going to be alright. I'm thinking about my blanket becasue my blanket is always with me. We've been through everything from sickness, to tears. But not only that; my blanket is my best friend! The first one to know all my secrets. My blanket is always there so it's only fitting that my blanket should know everything. My blanket is my protection. When something happens that makes a little girl feel hurt, alone, afriad, or sad; she grabs her blanket to protect her from the world. The blanket is her's to cry on. I don't know what I would do without my blanket.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. I love it. You changed it from being about anything to being about something specific. Even if it was just a blanket.

    ReplyDelete